Friday 17 February 2017

EVERYDAY BASE MAKEUP: FULL COVERAGE & LONGWEARING

Hello everyone! So last week on my social media i said that i am pretty convinced that i have discovered my new favourite foundation/base makeup combination, i also said that i would share this with you all. With that in mind i thought why not share this in a "everyday base makeup" type of post, just like i did last month with my face focused everyday makeup in january. Some of the products are the same/similar as last month, but i have also switched some products up and the way that i apply them.


Until just recently i was using the strobe cream by MAC alone as a primer, then i picked this NYX skin elixir up on ASOS and i have really been loving using the two together. Both products create the perfect prep for the skin, adding further hydration/brightness after i have completed my skincare routine (which i plan on doing an updated one very soon) before applying my new foundation combination.

So this is the foundation combination i was talking about and i came across the combination of the two working so well together by chance, as i had bought the colorstay foundation to try and the shade i picked up was slightly too light for my tan. So i decided to add in some of my well loved fit me matte and poreless foundation, along with my usual facial oil and liquid highlighter.

So as i just mentioned is also added in a tiny amount of these two products to the foundation combination, before applying to my face and blending out with my beauty blender. The mixture of these four products is simply flawless, full coverage yet light weight and not to mention super long wearing. I usually wear makeup for around 9 hours give or take, but last weekend i had a long Saturday so i was wearing this combination from 7AM til around 11:30PM and i literally couldn't believe how amazing it looked still with no touch-ups.

I mentioned the fact that i had been reaching for this concealer pretty much everyday in my recent full coverage base under £50 post, it is just as good as the foundation and a perfect affordable dupe for the radiant creamy concealer by NARS. I love how like pretty much every Maybelline concealer, it is amazing coverage and blends out super effortlessly and doesn't crease on me.


These two products for setting my under-eye area/the rest of my face hasn't changed in the past couple of months, to be honest i can't see me switching it up anytime soon as i literally think these products are perfect for me and for doing the job they are suppose to do. Both give a air-brushed like finish to the base makeup, that will keep it put all day/night long without touch-ups.

I have already mentioned this bronzer in a couple of posts this month already and how much i am really enjoying it. It just gives the most beautiful warmth/dimension to the face, which you can achieve by either using just one of the shades or mixing the two together like i do.

Firstly this particular blush by KIKO was a limited edition product for summer last year, but i have linked similar ones in the title. That being said this blush is one of my favourites if not my favourite in my collection, i just love everything about it the colour, texture, the way it applies and not to mention how it smells of amazing chocolate-y goodness, in a similar way to Too Faced products.

Ok so i tried to put this highlighter now and it only lasted for all of five minutes, because i still can't get enough of how stunning and blinding this looks. If you are looking into buying one higher-end highlighter, i definitely recommend one of these as you will not be disappointed. The shade i use is topaz, which is the most stunning almost rose-y golden bronze colour.   

No comments:

Post a Comment