Monday 25 September 2017

CURRENT GO-TO EVERYDAY BASE MAKEUP

Hello everyone! Seeing as it has been a couple of months since i last shared an "everyday go-to makeup" post, i thought i was about time i gave you all a little update and talk about my current go-to base. Now that we are officially in autumn i have been loving that really naturally glow-y skin look created with the following products, paired with a warm matte brown eye and warm deeper nude lip look.


So the key to a great base makeup look, doesn't always start with the makeup, it actually starts with skin prep and i have been obsessed with applying some of this dry oil to my face/neck before going in with my rimmel #insta fix & go 2-in-1 primer and setting spray. By applying this oil it really locks in moisture and keeps the skin super hydrated, which is super important if you have normal/dry skin like i do. I actually did a full review post talking all about this particular oil, which you can catch here.

Moving on-to the foundation that i am literally obsessed with at the moment, which will come to no surprise if you have read quite a few of my previous posts. The fit me foundation from Maybelline is probably my all time favourite foundation, which never lets me down, it lasts all day long, has amazing coverage, is light-weight and it comes in so many different shades, i even own several all depending on how tanned or not tanned i am that day but it will usually be either shade 220 or 128. I also like to add that naturally radiance back into the skin by mixing in a small amount of the ps pro radiance drops, which i featured in a testing primark beauty post.

Next up is concealer and to go along side a favourite foundation of mine, i usually use the matching concealer which is probably my favourite concealer ever. However i recently ran out and me being me, i have misplaced where i have put the multiple back-ups of the concealer and foundation so i have been forced to reach for something else. I really like this concealer by Morphe as this shade called oats is super brightening, as it has that slight yellow undertone to it. The only drawback is for the under eyes i can be slightly drying on me, but what i have been doing is adding a little hydrating oil to the concealer before blending out. 

The one thing i have always been scared about going in with a cream contour product, is that it would look muddy and be hard to blend out but that being said i have finally found a product that is neither of those things. At first i thought how similar they looked to the KKW sticks, as they are dual ended also. The shade i use is medium, which is perfect for me as it isn't too much of a warm shade or too much of a cool toned shade it is the perfect in-between. The actually formula of this stick is super creamy, easy to blend whether you are using a brush or a damp beauty blender. I like to apply mine to not only sculpt the cheeks, but the forehead, jawline and nose.


So if you have read the majority of my posts recently, then you will probably know how much i am loving this liquid highlighters recently and the reason for that being is they give you the most natural looking healthy glow, rather than being too much of a glitter-y highlighter. My favourite way to apply this is dot onto the areas i want the product to go, like the highest points of my face, tip of my nose and cupids bow before blending out with a damp beauty blender and before i set anything into place with powders.

Talking of powders the first "powder-like" product i always go in with is a setting powder and this particular one is a favourite of mine at the moment, also shock horror another fit me product but i just find they all work so well together. As i have normal to dry skin in the cooler months i can get away with just powdering the places i have put concealer, so under my eyes, the centre of my forehead, nose and chin.

Something i tend to switch up more often and i never stick to the same one all of the time, is highlighter but that being said, i have been reaching for this one a lot recently. The reason for that is i just find it complements the liquid highlighter shade i went in with before, as well as the eye/lip look i have been going for everyday and i mentioned this in a recent budget beauty week: full coverage glow-y base for under £50 post. I will also simply just apply highlighter to the exact same places as i did the liquid version, just to set everything into place and add a further glow/radiance to the skin.

Finally to finish the skin off we have bronzer, as i have been skipping on the blush recently. The beauty of bronzer is it really brings warmth and shape back into the face, as well as setting the areas i applied the cream contour. This particular bronzer has been pretty much my go-to ever since i finally got my hands on one, it is literally so flawless looking once applied to the skin and it also lasts all day long without fading like some bronzers can do. Then to finish off all i will do is apply some of my #insta fix & go to set all of the makeup in place, to make it last all day long and keep it looking freshly applied.

Catch up on my previous post HERE...

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment