Monday 16 April 2018

AFFORDABLE/DRUGSTORE | MY GO-TO FLAWLESS + GLOW-Y BASE

Hello everyone! So just recently i have been completely obsessed with how flawless and glowing my everyday makeup looks especially the base, which let's face it isn't that the best part? I honestly think recently that this comes down to a combination of the products i am using both makeup wise and skincare wise, along side the fact that my skin has been so good the past couple of months. That being said product wise i didn't realise until the other day when everything was laid out to pop in a makeup bag, that in fact that pretty much every single base product i am using on my face at the moment is either a drugstore item or an "affordable" item...


Recently i have been completely obsessed with using this facial spray for simply spritzing on my face after i have gone in with my Nuxe Huile Prodigiuse Dry Oil, which is one of the non-affordable products but the Mario Badescu is considered "affordable" as it retails for £7 or £11 from BeautyBay and some drugstore brand facial sprays are around the £10 and over anyway. I love how hydrating/refreshing this feels and sits on the skin before and after makeup, which i do go back in with once i have finished my whole face just to set everything into place.

So once my skincare is all done, i don't ever really go in with a "primer" as such i would much rather go in with a strobe cream and recently i have been switching between these two different ones. Ever since the MUA Prism Strobe Cream launched i have been using it religiously, as it is simply beautiful and in-fact i am on my third tube now. The great thing about strobe creams is they give a "glow from within" glow rather than a glittery glow, they can also be used in multiple ways but i prefer to apply it directly to the skin before foundation but you could mix a little into your foundation too. The Primark strobe cream in the shade Champagne is a newer product to me but i seem to find myself alternating now between the two, the one by MUA is £4 and the Primark one is £2.

If you have read my posts for a while then you will probably already know that this foundation is probably my favourite foundation of all time and i did revert to reaching for something different for a while but i have jumped back into using this one, as i am just always so obsessed with how it looks, feels and lasts on my skin. Even though this is a "matte" foundation it doesn't in anyway look flat or matte, it definitely has a poreless/flawless natural finish and i love to add a tiny drop of the PS Pro Radiant Drops to it. I always blend out my foundation with a damp Beauty Blender but recently i have also been adding a tiny spritz of the Mario Badescu Facial Spray to the sponge, before blending out for a little longer than i usually would making sure everything is looking flawless.


Yet another product i have been obsessed with recently, which i honestly thought i wouldn't even like before i tried it out but i was completely wrong and that is the My Perfect Colour Concealer from Primark of all places. This concealer is super hydrating, has great medium coverage that is also build-able and it actually reminds me a little of a mixture of the L'Oréal True Match Concealer and the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. As well as being super hydrating the winner with this concealer for me is the fact that it doesn't crease whatsoever under my eyes and usually that is a struggle for me. There is another product to come from the range that i am also obsessed with...

So the powder to set the areas which i have put concealer i usually reach for is the bareMinerals Invisible Light Powder Duo, but i also reach for this one from Maybelline regular too and it is super comparable to the matte shade in the bareMinerals duo. I don't have to set all of my face with powder as i don't have oily skin, but i still like to set the areas i placed my concealer to keep everything set in place and crease-free looking all day long. 

Now that we are into Spring/Summer i have really got back into the whole cream contour look and i have been reaching for a favourite from last year on a daily basis, then set into place with a favourite bronzer as of lately. I love how creamy/hydrating the Rimmel contour sticks are, they are super easy to work with, apply evenly and blend out flawlessly. So i will simply apply the contour shade to my cheeks, nose and jaw before blending out with my Beauty Blender before going in with my bronzer to set everything into place and warming up the skin a little more. I never thought i would say this but i have been completely obsessed with using this Primark Mattifying face powder in the shade Caramel as a bronzer, it is such a steal at only £2 and it looks simply beautiful on the skin. I honestly never thought i would reach for this over my bareMinerals Invisible Bronze Bronzer but i do, i also love using this shade on my eyes for everyday.

Finally we have the star of the show and of course one of my favourite steps, yes you got it... highlighter! I tend to switch my highlighter up on a daily basis because i am a complete highlighter hoarder and i tend to reach for what one i am feeling that day. That being said recently, i haven't been able to put this one from Maybelline down as it is simply blinding/beautiful and i am finally glad that we can get our hands on it in the UK. For me when it comes to highlighter i am all about that golden/bronze glow, so naturally i was going to be living for this shade.

Catch up on my previous post HERE...

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment