Friday 21 April 2017

BROW-DATE: WHAT I USE TO FILL IN MY BROWS

Hello everyone! Just recently i finally switched up a few products in my everyday brow routine from tools to clean-up concealers, including a product i have been using for a while but have failed to mention it in a post for some reason that i only just realised before doing this post. So with that in mind for today's post i thought i would give an updated "what i use to fill in my brows". Catch my previous brow routine post here.

Kicking things off with the product i mentioned before and how i have been using it for a while now but haven't mentioned it in a post before. This is what i use every single day to prep my brows, i will apply it once i have applied my face primer before foundation, this way it has time to settle in before i begin to fill my brows in. This product is designed to prime your brows, whilst the keratin helps with fuller/thicker brows over time. 

Moving on to what i always use to fill in my brows and even though i have switched things up, some things haven't changed. I just think down to personal preference i will always opt for a brow pomade, as they are easy to control with a brush, a little goes a long way and it is such a long-wearing product. You could literally survive wind, rain, snow, heat with this product on your brows and it will not budge.

For the longest time i have always used the zoeva 317 liner brush to fill in my brows, but i really wanted to switch things up and i decided to give a couple of the morphe brushes a go this one being one of them. I love how the bristles on the brush a soft yet still firm enough to be precise and the angle of the brush is perfect for creating an arched brow. I also prefer how these particular brush handles are shorter in length.

So once i have filled in my brows, i like to go in with a concealer to clean them up. Doing this just allows them to look more polished, as well as slightly highlighting the brow bone area. I recently picked up this concealer from morphe whilst shopping on beautybay, as i was super intrigued to give it ago after hearing so many mixed reviews. My personal opinion on this concealer is that i love it, the only thing i can see where people don't like it is that it is slightly less hydrating for the under-eyes than other concealers but it isn't an issue.


Another concealer that i use to clean my brows up with and one that i have used for a while now, as it always does a great job of highlighting the brow bone at the same time because it is pretty light in colour. That being said now that i have been using the morphe concealer, i actually prefer to use that over the select cover-up but i will still switch between the two.

Another morphe product and another brush, this time the Y21 which i use to apply the concealer to clean my brows up with. The flatness of this brush really allows you to be super neat when cleaning up your brows, as it does so much of the work for you. Just like the Y23 brush, the bristles on this brush are also soft yet still firm so you can be super precise. I definitely think i will be investing in a few more brushes from this collection.

milani clear brow shaping gel
Finally of course once everything is done, you have to set them in place with a brow gel. You might know if you have read my posts for some time, that the l'oréal brow artist plumper has been my go-to brow gel for the longest time and nothing seemed to compare to it. That being said recently i started using this clear brow gel from milani and i really like how it sets your brows into place, keeps them in place just like a hairspray would for your hair. A lot of the time clear brow gels can be sticky/wet looking on the brows but this one doesn't do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment